Library Cards & Borrowing Privileges
The UAlberta Libraries has entered into reciprocal borrowing agreements as part of the following agreements. These agreements allow affiliates of member institutions to visit and borrow materials from each other's libraries.
CURBA (Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement)
- Participants: COPPUL (Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries), OCUL (Ontario Council of University Libraries), CAUL (Council of Atlantic University Libraries) and BCI (Bureau de Coopération Interuniversitaire).
- Open to students and faculty
- UAlberta researchers and students: Before your visit to another CURBA member library, request a COPPUL Card at any UAlberta Library Service Desk. Present this card at the CURBA library you visit.
OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
- Open to faculty members only
- A list of participating US libraries is available here.
- Faculty planning on visiting one of these libraries should obtain a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program Card by contacting the Interlibrary Loans/Document Delivery Office, 1-110 Rutherford Library, 780-492-3795, email@example.com.
Borrowing policies for visitors (borrowing periods, fines, renewals, etc) will vary from institution to institution. Please ensure you are aware of applicable policies. Contact the Library if you need assistance in locating pertinent information regarding visitors for specific institutions.
CURBA and OCLC card holders who are visiting the UAlberta Libraries may borrow from the UAlberta and NEOS Libraries collections.