Student Library Advisory Committee
Make your voice heard in the Library! U of A Library is recruiting new members for this year's Student Library Advisory Committee (SLAC). COVID continues to impact us all. We know that this year brings ongoing changes and challenges. We definitely want to hear from you.
All undergraduate and graduate students at U of A are eligible to apply.
Zoom meetings will take place on Wednesdays from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm. The committee will meet about once a month. The first meeting will be held on November 3, 2021.
SLAC members work with library staff to find new ways to improve library services, and help get the word out about library initiatives. Along the way, they get a behind-the-scenes look at one of Canada's largest academic libraries and meet other students from across campus.
Please review the information about the committee on this page before submitting your application. We are accepting applications until October 22, 2021. We will contact you after that date to let you know if you have been selected for the committee.
What we are looking for:
- An interest in libraries
- A willingness to share your experiences and perspectives
- The ability to communicate well
- A commitment to attend up to 5 Wednesday evening meetings (4:00 pm - 5:30 pm) between November and April (about one meeting per month)
What's in it for you:
- Give input to library decisions
- Meet new people
- Develop your professional network at the University of Alberta
- Gain experience in a committee setting
- Gain references from library staff
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the operation of one of Canada's largest academic research libraries