Student Library Advisory Committee
Join the 2019-2020 Student Library Advisory Committee!
University of Alberta Libraries is recruiting new members for its Student Library Advisory Committee (SLAC).
As a member of SLAC, you'll work with other students from across campus to help staff find ways to improve library services and get the word out about new initiatives. Along the way, you'll get a behind-the-scenes look at one of Canada's largest academic libraries. This year, we are considering possibilities for optional activities outside of meetings.
If you are interested in serving on SLAC, please complete an online application before September 19th. All current undergraduate and graduate students at the U of A are eligible to apply.
We are looking for people who
- have an interest in libraries
- want to help the campus community
- are willing to contribute their perspective
- can communicate well
- can commit to attend five Tuesday evening meetings (5-7 pm) during the 2019-2020 academic year (October 15, November 19, January 14, February 11, and March 17)
What's in it for you
- Meet students from across campus
- Give input on library decisions and initiatives
- Gain experience in a committee setting
- Develop your professional network
- Receive professional references from library staff