Skip to content
How do I Publish OA?
As a Researcher / Author
- Upload copies of your peer-reviewed articles to ERA: Education and Research Archive.
- SHERPA/Romeo tells you what journals publish OA, with information on copyright
- Open access journals are published for most academic disciplines. You can see a list of them at the Directory of Open Access Journals
- License agreements with the following publishers provide researchers at the University of Alberta with a discount on Article Processing Charges (APC) if you would like to make your paper open access :
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) - University of Alberta researchers qualify for a maximum discount of up to $1,035 USD on APCs in Science Advances, the open access journal published by AAAS.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) – University of Alberta researchers qualify for a 25% discount on APCs in all ACS journals. This is in addition to any personal ACS membership discounts.
- NRC Research Press - As participants in the CRKN license for National Research Council journals, University of Alberta researchers receive a 50% discount on the APC charge for OA publishing. The reduced fee is $1,500 CAD per article. When submitting your paper, please identify yourself as a University of Alberta member in order to receive the discount.
- SAGE - University of Alberta researchers receive a 40% discount on the APC charge for OA publishing with SAGE. Before you begin, please consult the list of journals that are excluded from the APC discount. Society journals published by SAGE are excluded from this discount, as are open access titles for which SAGE already offers a 50% APC discount for all authors. When submitting your paper, please use the APC discount code provided by SAGE. You can request the discount code at APCQueries@sagepub.com.
As a Journal Editor