How do I Publish OA?
As a Researcher / Author
- Upload copies of your peer-reviewed articles to ERA: Education and Research Archive.
- Email email@example.com for technical and copyright assistance.
- SHERPA/Romeo tells you what journals publish OA, with information on copyright.
- Open access journals are published for most academic disciplines. You can see a list of them at the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Many journals offer the option to publish open access for a fee, which is either charged to the author or the institution. The University of Alberta Library has license agreements with a number of publishers to provide researchers with a discount or waiver on Article Processing Charges (APC).
- Questions about open access publishing in relation to the library's licensed resources can be directed to librarians in the Collection Strategies Unit: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Journal Editor
- We host OA e-journals using the Open Journal Systems software. OJS is a journal management and publishing system that has been developed by the Public Knowledge Project through its federally funded efforts to expand and improve access to research.
- For information about starting a new journal, or moving a journal to our library publishing service please visit https://journals.library.ualberta.ca