Publishing at the University of Alberta Libraries
The University of Alberta Libraries provides significant support to over 50 Canadian open access journals through our no-fee publishing service. We provide web hosting for journals using the Open Journal Systems (OJS) publishing software and provide several value-added services, including:
- OJS software hosting, updates and maintenance
- Article-level DOI creation and registration through CrossRef
- LOCKSS archival preservation through the PKP Preservation Network
- Inclusion with the University of Alberta and NEOS library systems, and the EBSCO knowledge base
- Referrals and assistance to journal managers and editors with journal set-up, management, and discovery of their content
For more information, see the related Memorandum of Understanding and contact us at email@example.com to discuss whether our service is the right match for your journal.
Open Textbook Publishing
The University of Alberta Libraries provides no-fee publishing services for open textbooks and other open educational resources for affiliated faculty and staff. This service is available for the creation or adaptation of content that will result in openly licensed learning materials that will be used in a course.
What we offer:
- Pressbooks and Omeka hosting, updates and maintenance
- DOI creation and registration through CrossRef
- Referrals and assistance with with technology, metadata, or copyright
For more information, see the related Publishing Agreement and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if our service is the right match for your learning materials. You can also check out the OER Awards, to see if you are eligible to apply for additional support for your project.
The Grim Educator by C. van Kessel (2018)
Clinical Hematology by Michelle To and Valentin Villatoro (2019)