Library staff will help you find library materials for your assignments, and help you develop your own skills in carrying out library research from a distance, e.g.
- Identifying print and electronic materials on specific topics;
- Accessing and searching the Library's catalogue and databases;
- Using Web sites the Library has created or linked to;
- Providing referrals to other library staff as required.
To obtain assistance from Library staff:
Electronically: Ask Us
Contact your Subject Librarian
- you can also Make an Appointment with a Librarian
Telephone direct a Library Service Desk
Visit the UofA library in person - find library hours here
Note: if you need assistance specifically with delivery of print materials (books, article photocopies, etc.) to your home address, contact the Interlibrary Loan Office at 1 - 800 - 207-0172 or email email@example.com
The Library website provides many links that will assist you in doing library research via the web - a selection is noted below.
- Subject Guides (links to online and print resources, and library services for subject areas taught at University of Alberta)
- Research and Writing Guide
- Library Tutorials
- RefWorks (web-based citation management)
- Information Services and Technology (IST) (UofA computing applications/support)
Links to key online resources of the UofA Library: