1. You have searched our databases and have come across an article that we don't hold.
- If available, click on the Get It! logo and check your options:
- If we don't hold print, the "Get It from Another Library" option becomes available; click on the ILL/DD link:
- Authenticate with your CCID.
- Verify the information in the request and submit it.
- We will obtain a copy of the article from the journal and deliver it to you electronically.
2. You have searched a database and we hold the article in print only.
- How do you access a print article in our collection? Use the "Request an ILL" form, linked from the ILL/DD home page.
- We will photocopy the article from the journal and deliver it to you electronically (if you registered for home delivery service).
3. You have a reference to an article and need to get the article.
- Verify that we don't hold the article, by checking our catalogue for the journal title (not the article title) and volumes held.
- If we don't hold an online version, use the "Request an ILL" form, linked from the ILL/DD home page.
- We will photocopy the article from the journal and deliver it to you electronically.
1. You need a book from our collections, or a NEOS library.
When you search the NEOS catalogue, you have the option to place requests on books.
Look for these:
- NEOS catalogue
- Authenticate with your 13-digit number on your ONEcard and your PIN
- You have 2 options for Pickup Location:
- Select University of Alberta Distance Service for home/work delivery (if you registered for the Document Delivery service)
- Select any other NEOS member library for your Pickup Location, and it will be delivered at that NEOS library for you to pick up.
2. You need a book from other libraries.
- Verify that we don't hold the book, by checking our catalogue, we may hold an online version.
- If we don't hold the book, use the Request an Item form, linked from the ILL/DD home page.
- When we receive the book, we will mail it to you (if you registered for the Document Delivery service).
3. You can also borrow books from your local library anywhere in Canada.
The U of A has reciprocal borrowing agreements with other institutions. Check if these apply to your local libraries:
ONEcard - Your ONEcard allows you to obtain books from the U of A Libraries and NEOS member libraries. You can request books through our catalogues, but you can also borrow them in person with your ONEcard.
TAL card - You can borrow materials from any Alberta library that is a member of The Alberta Library (TAL). To obtain your TAL card, contact Interlibrary Loan.
COPPUL card - U of A students, faculty, and staff may borrow materials directly from university and college libraries across Canada, using the COPPUL card. To obtain your COPPUL card, contact Interlibrary Loan.
You can also obtain a TAL/COPPUL card at a Service Desk at the U of A Libraries in-person.
- Use the enclosed mailing envelope to return your books.
- Attach the Canada Post prepaid return label that was included with delivery.
- You may also return books in person to the U of A Library, or to another NEOS library near your home location.
- To avoid fines, return items prior to the due date, leaving enough time for us to receive the item prior to it being due (3-4 days).
If you run out of packaging and labels, please contact Interlibrary Loan for more.
Books held by the U of A Library:
- Term loan (Loans will be up to Jan. 31, May 30, or Sept. 30, and must be received by the library by the due date).
There is a maximum 4 renewals for U of A books as long as there are no requests (holds)
Books held by other NEOS libraries:
- 3 weeks for all borrowers (includes delivery time to you and back to Library)
Note: the U of A Library must first obtain these materials from the owning library before sending them on to you, which will take up to 5 working days. There is a maximum of two 2-week renewals for NEOS books as long as there are no requests (holds).
Books through Interlibrary Loan (green band):
- Check the green band on the book.
- If it says "Renewable: Yes", you may contact Interlibrary Loan for a renewal.
- Interlibrary loan books may be renewed once only for all borrowers.
- Interlibrary loan books are NOT renewable through My Account, you must contact the interlibrary loan office (see the green band on the book).
If there are no requests by other borrowers on a book you have signed out, you may renew it using My Account. You may also request or renew materials by contacting any of the U of A Library Service Desks.
You are responsible for getting borrowed books back to the Library to avoid fines. You can login to My Account to see when your material is due. Library notices are sent to your ualberta email account. All email is delivered to your ualberta account in accordance with University policy. Check the IST website if you wish to have your email forwarded to another address.